For some reason this meme is bringing Dante’s Inferno to mind rather prominently, but I’m sure that’s a coincidence. Yeah.
- Name: Miriam
- Birthdate: August 17, 1971 (gifts not required, but always appreciated)
- Birthplace: Ithaca, NY
- Current Location: Lost in New Hampshire
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Hair Color: Darkest brown, a color I used to hate but have since become much more fond of as I watch it retreating under grey!
- Height: 5’6″
- Righty or Lefty: Righty
- Zodiac Sign: Leo (power, Min!)
- Your Heritage: Polish and Russian
- The shoes I wore today: Ummm… I’m barefoot… but I threw on some sandals that were by the door to take the kids to school.
- Your weakness: Bargains
- Your fears: not being able to protect my kids
- Your perfect pizza: Hawaiian
- Goal you’d like to achieve: Raising my kids to adulthood with only manageable scarring; figuring out what I want to be when I grow up (and doing it).
- Your most overused phrase on AIM: “LOL!”
- Your first waking thoughts: “Can I go back to sleep?”
- Your best physical feature: My eyes
- Your most missed memory: Going out for slightly-longer-than-recommended lunches with Andrea at IBM.
- Pepsi or Coke: I like to straddle the fence sometimes… Diet Coke with Lime, or Pepsi One.
- McDonald’s or Burger King: McD’s
- Single or group dates: Dates?? Um, single, as long as I’m fantasizing.
- Adidas or Nike: Nike.
- Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Ewwwwwww.
- Chocolate or vanilla: Chocolate
- Cappuccino or coffee: Yes, please.
- Smoke: No
- Cuss: Only when I’m angry. Or frustrated. Or hanging with the girls. Or… oh shut UP.
- Sing: Indeed
- Take a shower every day: Absolutely
- Do you think you’ve been in love: Yep. It’s great for a little while and then sucks for a long time. Not sure I recommend it.
- Want to go to college: Again? Geez, how many degrees does a person need?
- Liked high school: Nooooooooooooooooo!
- Want to get married: Uhhh… I want to win the lottery, but it doesn’t mean I’m going to….
- Believe in yourself: Where it counts, absolutely.
- Get motion sickness: Ick, yes.
- Think you’re attractive: Physically? Um, no. (Not Quasimodo or anything, but nothing to write home about.)
- Think you’re a health freak: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Sorry, what was the question?
- Get along with your parent(s): Taking the 5th on this one, for my own safety.
- Like thunderstorms: Yes!
- Play an instrument: Not any more… played cello for several years.
LAYER SIX: In the past month…
- Drank alcohol: Yes
- Smoked: No
- Done a drug: Do my migraine meds count?
- Made Out: *sniffle* No
- Gone on a date: No
- Gone to the mall: No, thank God.
- Eaten an entire box of Oreos: Not this month. Woohoo!
- Eaten sushi: Yummy, yes.
- Been on stage: No
- Been dumped: No
- Gone skating: No
- Made homemade cookies: Yesterday!
- Dyed your hair: I dyed Eileen’s hair, does that count?
- Stolen Anything: No
LAYER SEVEN: Ever…
- Played a game that required removal of clothing: Yep
- If so, was it mixed company: I’m sorry, do people do that not in mixed company??
- Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Yep
- Been caught “doing something”: I’m not sure I’m getting exactly what this refers to, but I have a strict policy against being caught.
- Been called a tease: Only once, by a very stupid boy who had a very strange notion of a single kiss being an invitation to sex.
- Gotten beaten up: Nope
- Shoplifted: When I was about 5.
- Changed who you were to fit in: Would that work?
- Age you hope to be married: Again? Ummm… when I’m smart enough to get it right. What age is that?
- Numbers and Names of Children: I have two kids, herein referred to as the Chickadee (6-yr-old girl) and the Monkey (4.5-yr-old boy).
- Describe your dream wedding: Uhhhh… one that results in a healthy, lasting marriage?
- How do you want to die: Never
- Where you want to go to college: I did my undergrad in the snow belt and grad school at Stanford… and if I’d known then what I know now, I would’ve done it ALL in Northern California. Ahhhh….
- What do you want to be when you grow up: Why does everyone keep asking me that?? Shut UP!
- What country would you most like to visit: Italy
- Number of drugs taken illegally: Just 1, but I never inhaled. Or was that I never exhaled? I can’t remember.
- Number of people I could trust with my life: At least 5, probably more. Lucky me!
- Number of CDs that I own: Maybe 30. I just started allowing myself to buy frivolous things for myself (like music) just recently.
- Number of piercings: 3 in my left ear, 1 in my right, 1 in my navel. All but the standard 2 in the ears have closed.
- Number of tattoos: None, though I have often pondered one.
- Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: Oh geez, I have no idea. As if my hometown paper or our little local rag here will somehow catapult me into celebrity….
- Number of scars on my body: Hmmm. Too many.
- Number of things in my past that I regret: Also too many, though in my right mind I wouldn’t change a thing; they’re all part of who I am.