(Shamelessly lifted from Zero Boss, who gives a pretty good genealogy of the thing if you feel the need to trace it back a ways….)
1. Do you try to look hot when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognizes you from your blog?
Now that’s just silly. I try to look hot at the grocery store so I can get a date. (No, it’s never worked.)
2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered?
My profile photo is cropped and decolorized. Cropped because it was a photo with my son, and for right now I’m not sharing pics of my kids, and decolorized because in my hyper-sensitive overcritical mind, black and white was more forgiving than color.
3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks email you?
Dorks, yeah baby! Creeps not so much.
4. Do you lie in your blog?
I prefer to call it creativity, though even that is used sparingly. What’s the point if I’m not gonna tell the truth?
5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog?
Why be passive-aggressive when you can just be aggressive, I say.
6. Do you ever threaten to quit writing so people will tell you not to stop?
Uhhhhh no. I don’t think anyone would tell me not to stop!
7. Are you in therapy? If not, should you be? If so, is it helping?
Yes, and yes.
8. Do you delete mean comments? Do you fake nice ones?
I’ve never had to delete a comment (yet) although I probably would, if it came to that. And real women never fake it.
9. Have you ever rubbed one out while reading a blog? How about after?
I had to read Jay’s commentary to find out what this means. And, uh, EWWWWW! NO!
10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less?
They’d like me more. I whine less in real life (unless you are related to me).
11. Do you have a job?
Besides raising my kids…? Not at the moment. But come the end of summer, my parole’s up.
12. If someone offered you a decent salary to blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it?
In a heartbeat. Where can I find this
13. Which blogger do you want to meet in real life?
I am too lazy to link them all, but they can be found on my blogroll to the right: Kym, Mindy, Snowball, Zoot… oh heck… just about everyone I have linked. Though if I had to pick just one, it’d be Kym, because I’ve actually “known” her for years.
14. Which bloggers have you made out with?
This blogging thing is a little darker than I’d thought…. (And none.)
15. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have?
Less. I am perpetually broke in my tightwad mind, even when I’m really not.
16. Does your family read your blog?
Yes. I have since wondered if that was a wise choice, but it’s too late now.
17. How old is your blog?
Only about a month old.
18. Do you get more than 1000 page views per day? Do you care?
No, and no. But ask me again in a year….
19. Do you have another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar?
This is my secret blog….
20. Have you ever given another blogger money for his/her writing?
21. Do you report the money you earn from your blog on your taxes?
Crap, I’m supposed to be making money doing this??
22. Is blogging narcissistic?
23. Do you feel guilty when you don’t post for a long time?
Hasn’t happened yet, though I suspect if/when it does it will be more a matter of needing my own personal fix than caring what anyone else thinks.
24. Do you like John Mayer?
25. Do you have enemies?
Not that have successfully gotten to me.
26. Are you lonely?
27. Why bother?