Licorice declares it best Christmas ever

Q: Mir, are you totally phoning it on your blog while you soak up the good moments with your girl and weather the rest of the emotional storm that is a still-not-entirely-well kid with a wicked case of homesickness who isn’t dealing well with the fact that she has to leave again in a few days?

A: Yes. Yes, I am. Sorry (I’m not sorry).

Oh, look, it’s a very happy doggie on Christmas morning:

And this is what I just found while packing up the Christmas stuff:

Moral of the story: Sometimes love hurts.

22 Responses to “Licorice declares it best Christmas ever”

Varda (SquashedMom) December 28, 2012 at 12:36 pm #

Big hugs to you friend, hope you get through the next few days without too many tears. xoxoxo

Brenda December 28, 2012 at 12:37 pm #

If anyone deserves to take some time off and soak in family time, it’s you. Hope the rest of Chickadee’s visit is great!

amy December 28, 2012 at 12:38 pm #

~hugs~

bonuela December 28, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

sorry kid, you have to send her back. if not, all of your struggle to let her go will be in vain. it is what’s best for her right now even if she doesn’t see it today.

sometimes it just sucks being a good mom, but that is what you are.

that being said, please do not chew her eyeballs off. that is just a dog thing. :-)

Alison C December 28, 2012 at 12:49 pm #

Love to you all

Heather December 28, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

Well, we all have our coping mechanisms when dealing with the holidays! Lots of good wishes to you and yours — if anyone deserves a break (or 10) it’s you!

Cheyenna December 28, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

Hugs to you and your family. Soak it all up.

Pamela December 28, 2012 at 1:16 pm #

Don’t be sorry. We’ll all be here when you get back.

Arnebya December 28, 2012 at 1:16 pm #

It’s hard out here for a chew toy.

Come on, 2013 (blowing on, shaking, rubbing against my — never mind, good luck life di.)

Lucinda December 28, 2012 at 1:22 pm #

Hooray! You are doing what you need to be doing. Good for you. We’ll still be here.

RuthWells December 28, 2012 at 1:37 pm #

You said a mouthful, there.

Don’t be sorry.

Heather December 28, 2012 at 1:37 pm #

Jessica December 28, 2012 at 1:42 pm #

Oh my lord! Someone finally did shoot their eye out, didn’t they?

By the way, just wanted to mention that I haven’t heard The Little Drummer Boy once yet. We normally hear it in stores and (definitely) at my MIL’s house when we’re there for the holidays, but none of the albums she played (constantly, on repeat) had that song on there. I think I’ve gone an entire year without hearing that song!

(If you’re going to have a day where you phone it in, pet pictures are the sure way to make people not even care about it one whit.)

Jen December 28, 2012 at 4:44 pm #

In a sick twist, directly under that photo is a link back to your previous post. So under the dismembered dog toy eyeball it says “No one shot their eye out.”
    Soak up the good times, scrub off the bad ones, hugs to anyone who breathes. Three days left of this hellacious year.

Chris G December 28, 2012 at 5:04 pm #

The back and forth is exhausting for them as we’ll as you. They get excited to come and you are so excited to see them and because of an illness you weren’t sure it would happen. All is well for a bit then it’s the anticipation of saying goodbye and she has the added concern that she is going back and what that will feel like and you are left feeling empty. My heart is with you on this journey

laura December 28, 2012 at 6:33 pm #

My crew has left. So I am way ahead of you in heartache. However, my ‘leavers’ are perfectly healthy and able to make decisions on their own as to their coming and going. So I will be sad for awhile (maybe till Monday) and then I’ll start looking forward to the next homecoming.
    take care!

Lynda M O December 28, 2012 at 7:47 pm #

May the new year bring health and hope to you and your family, Mir. I hold you all up to the Universal Healing Power.

LizD December 29, 2012 at 12:08 am #

More Licorice, please.

ooxx
    Liz D

brigitte December 29, 2012 at 12:36 pm #

Now I have Nazareth stuck in my head.

Katherine December 29, 2012 at 10:48 pm #

I hope that you have some good times together in the few days you have left this time. And I imagine there will be lots of snuggles for licorice in there too.

addy December 30, 2012 at 5:14 pm #

Soooooo, what would the cost be for you to come take down my Christmas “stuff”? Cuz, I don’t feel like doing it. Not at all. Love Hugs and Doggie kisses for you – and we are prentending the toy is not missing an eyeball. Really – try it.

Therese December 31, 2012 at 11:21 am #

Ack, you said nobody shot their eye out! This one looks chewed out! Someone still lost an eye!