1) Unfortunately, our Internet is mysteriously down. Fortunately, my favorite coffee shop has both Internet AND pumpkin lattes.
2) Unfortunately, writing a post about Chickadee’s relative good health angered the Germ Gods, and she is home sick today. Fortunately, she’s old enough that I can spend a little time saying “Poor, poor little bunny” and then tuck her into bed with the dog and leave the house to work.
3) Unfortunately, I kind of sort of fell in a creek while on a forest exploration with Monkey and Hippie School yesterday. Fortunately, that was pretty much the worst thing that happened all day.
4) Unfortunately, after two weeks of smooth and flawless work on our deck, yesterday while I was out the construction crew apparently tacked up some trim work with their eyes closed. Fortunately, it should be easily fixed. I think.
5) Unfortunately, the school auction I’m heading up is eating up all my time and energy and really stressing me out. Fortunately, it’s almost over.
Viva la Friday!
I love unfortunately/fortunately stories. Our kids play that game all the time too.
It’s always good to be able to counteract the evil, devil laden, get off my back you untrained monkey on crack unfortunatelys, though!
Is #1 caused by #4 (Internet down caused by work on deck)? Maybe they cut something by mistake, you know, since they’re working with their eyes closed. :)
It did seem impossible that The Great Deck Build could finish without even a weensy snafu. This one seems almost cute in comparison with Fence! The Horror Show!
Thank God for the fortunatelys, right?
Look at you trying to look on the bright side of things and being all positive and stuff.
Here’s to hoping things are just all around good next week so you don’t have to keep looking for the good in things.. They just are.
You had me at Pumpkin Lattes….Mmmmmm!
Is your cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Have a great weekend!
It’s Friday, cup-smup…more like you’re margarita 1/2 empty or full. JIC, always have 1 for emergency; I believe it’s why God gave us 2 hands.
Go crawl under the covers & sleep in tomorrow. You deserve it.
(1) ‘…sort of fell in a creek…’ heh heh :)
(2) Also? I have never heard of pumpkin lattes. Sounds yummy (if they’re not too coffee-y…I don’t like coffee).
I really like this fortunately/unfortunately concept. It’s great that you are able to put a positive spin on negative happenings. Fortunately it’s a good reminder to us all. Unfortunately, we too often forget how lucky we really are.
1) Try not to fall in creeks please
2) Great excuse to work in the pumpkin Latte store – internet not working with sickly teenager at home – right…..