1) Chickadee is still doing well on her new, dye-free medication. Today was the first blood test and the tech was so good, she didn’t even feel the needle. (Okay, technically that’s two things. Deal with it.)
2) Today I sent out a panicked I DON’T KNOW IF I CAN HANDLE THIS AUCTION SINGLEHANDEDLY email to the head of our PTA (translation: Please help!) and the next four businesses I approached for donations all happily ponied up. I keep reminding myself that it’s for the children. GIMME ALL YOUR GIFT CERTIFICATES, IMMA GO SELL THEM FOR PENCILS.
3) Monkey had a great day at school today and was invited to sleep over at Lemur’s tomorrow night. The boys don’t see each other nearly as much as they used to now that they’re at different schools, so YAY!
4) Every time I go to a conference there’s always a last-minute I NEED ITEM X wardrobe crisis (why is that?) and this time I managed to run out of time to shop online for a suitable pair of shoes. So I had to go to an actual STORE at the MALL and it was dreadful. Except for the part where I found some killer shoes, on sale, at the first store I went to. I am now ready to travel next week. Maybe. Did I mention they’re, um, about 5″ tall? Stay tuned for broken ankle stories.
5) The pool is closed, and no one fell in or even swore a lot while we put the cover on this year. Otto said to me, “We’re getting good at this.” I agreed, and mentioned that I sure like hanging around with him, so he went on to say, “We should get married or something. So we can hang out more often.” He is smart.