Salient points from this afternoon’s exercise, in no particular order:
- I did not fall down in my super-fantastic boots.
- The person who interviewed me was not wearing shoes.
- The job is even better than I thought.
- The salary is even better than I’d hoped.
- The phrase “You bring to the table many skills that none of the other applicants have” was said three times.
- The benefits are not to be believed.
- At the end of the interview, I was asked to please be ready to come back next week and meet the rest of the team.
- At the end of the interview, a small shaggy pony, or perhaps a large friendly dog (very difficult to tell), bounded in and sat on my feet.
- At the end of the interview, in spite of everything I believe about not getting my hopes up (again), it was suddenly crystal clear to me that God works in mysterious ways.