Stolen from Zoot, who stole it from someone else. I haven’t done a meme in a loooong time, but this one looked like a fitting end to the year.
Plus nothing interesting happened to me today, because I suspect my son asking me questions at full-volume and my daughter dropping candy all over the floor during Polar Express was amusing only to me.
She only ate one off of the floor before I caught her. Ewwwwwww.
1. What did you do in 2004 that you’d never done before?
Hmmmm. I got dumped. Which believe it or not, had not happened to me before. Does that count as something that I did? No? Let me think. I installed a new floor in my master bathroom (badly). Wow, I am an exciting person!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I resolved to find the right job, last year, and I wasn’t able to make that happen. If it doesn’t happen this year I’m pretty sure my brain will spontaneously vaporize, so yeah, I’m vowing that again. But with a vengeance.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Care-a-lot, and Laugh-a-lot, and wherever it is that Strawberry Shortcake lives….
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A job. Peace of mind. Content children. True love. Good thing I don’t want much, huh?
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 8th my divorce became final. Finally.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hmmmmm. Starting my blog? Not because it’s so fabulous, but because it marked a new beginning for me, and a new resolve to follow my heart more.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not finding a job sooner. Or at least coming up with a plan to make it happen. Or, in lieu of either, winning the lottery.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well, the whole “Gee I think I’ll start out my summer with major surgery” thing was a bit trying. And discovering I may be a wee bit allergic to wasp stings wasn’t all that much fun. But all things considered, I’m okay.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
New memory foam contoured pillows (from Target, 75% off). I weep every morning when I have to leave them.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My parents’. I have been such an insufferable brat this year (yes, moreso than usual) and they have all been incredibly patient, loving and supportive.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
My ex’s, on a couple of occasions.
Chickadee’s, a few times; but as I didn’t devour her on the spot for her transgressions I’ve decided to forgive her.
The guy who broke my heart in the most cowardly way possible.
14. Where did most of your money go?
First possible answer: I’m sorry… have you met my children…?
Second possible answer: Target.
Third possible answer: Therapy.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I’m not sure I have anything from this past year that merits 3 reallys. Which certainly gives me a goal for 2005.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
“Times Like These” by the Foo Fighters.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Different, but I couldn’t quantify it either way. Happier about some things; sadder about some things.
b) thinner or fatter? The same. (Gee, I wish this was a trend, but I think “c” is gonna break it.)
c) richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Enjoying the moment instead of agonizing over the future.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Crying. Damn, where’s my violin…?
20. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
Good question. Dunno yet. It’s all part of my new “be spontaneous” thing. Yeah, that’s it….
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
22. How many one-night stands?
Oh, they’re countless. (Dad? Dad??) I’m kidding. None.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
“What Not To Wear.”
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
There are certainly people I don’t like very much, but I try not to hate anyone.
25. What was the best book you read?
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Oh lord, I have no idea. That presupposes that I’m paying attention.
27. What did you want and get?
A new cell phone. Woooooo!
28. What did you want and not get?
How much time do you have?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I just saw “Closer” a few days ago and I’d have to say it ranks right up there.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 33, and the kids made me dye the frosting for my cake bright blue. We had a very rowdy dinner with friends, and blue teeth.
31.What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
Having a job.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA… I’m sorry… what was the question, again…?
33. What kept you sane?
The knowledge that if I ever fully lost it, my children would be raised by their father with no mitigating influence.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
A better question is, which ones didn’t I fancy? Hey, a girl’s gotta have a rich fantasy life.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay marriage. And the moronic states that voted against it.
36. Who did you miss?
Ruth and Andrea. (Hear that, you slacking non-communicators? No pressure!)
37. Who was the best new person you met?
All of my new blogging buddies. You can’t make me choose!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
Never say “Well this year HAS to be better” out loud. EVER.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
You can’t always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You get what you need.
Awesome. You’re simply awesome. I’m wishing you a FABULOUS New Year, because you truly deserve it.
Oh, and while I’m at it, I wish Chickadee’s eczema would magically disappear.
I confess: I stole your stolen meme. As for the dropped candy, my kids used to swear by the ‘thirty second rule.’ I tried to explain to them about germs and other people’s toejam and communists and things but they just laughed and ate cracked and bloated M&M’s off the theater floor anyway. They did draw the line at candy on the restroom floor, so maybe they were listening a little bit. Sigh. Those were the days.
Happy New Year!
Yup, I stole the already stolen too. What can I say? I’m a second rate second hand thief.
but at least I have good taste eh?
Great meme! However, let me disagree with you (simply because I have never had the oppourtunity to disagree with you).
Number 8: It truly is fabulous spelled like this:FABULOUS!!
Happy New Year Mir.
But then you’ve suspected that for some time.
I’m touched too, Very touched. (Uhm… I do qualify as a ‘parent,’ don’t I?