Forever marked

Remember the Very Special 18th Birthday Thing I mentioned yesterday?

We did it.

13 Responses to “Forever marked”

Katie in MA April 19, 2016 at 10:57 am #

It is PERFECT. And the continuing story will be, too.

Alison C April 19, 2016 at 11:00 am #

Now I am crying! Happy Birthday again, Chickie!

Jenna April 19, 2016 at 11:12 am #

I absolutely love it. Well done.

Jena April 19, 2016 at 11:20 am #

That’s beautiful!

Wendy April 19, 2016 at 11:51 am #

Love love love

Nickles April 19, 2016 at 12:03 pm #

Crying, crying.

I get so caught up in your stories, I forget how good you are at your craft. That was beautiful.

Congratulations to you and to Chickie and your entire family.

Mary K. in Rockport April 19, 2016 at 12:58 pm #

Wow!

Jeanie April 19, 2016 at 6:27 pm #

Very cool. I’ve been wanting a small tattoo for a while, too, and I’m a whole lot older than you are.

Bob April 19, 2016 at 8:57 pm #

Life leaves its marks upon us in a thousand random ways, some outside; most, though, inside – and never revealed. However, those we make upon ourselves I think have the most to say for these are the stories we choose to share with the world. I love that she is here to tell it! It is indeed a testament to you both that she is.

Tracy B April 20, 2016 at 11:40 am #

Mir,
    I love this! I absolutely love this! When I first saw yours, the first thing that came to my mind was, “it’s ok to scribble outside the lines, imperfection” And then I read your description and I absolutely love it! That is beautiful, but mostly, brave!

Tracy B April 20, 2016 at 11:41 am #

oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHICKIE!!!! Welcome to adulthood!

Mamalang April 20, 2016 at 8:51 pm #

Tears are streaming down my face. I remember reaching out to you when my own baby girl was struggling, and you were so helpful and kind, even as you were struggling through your own difficulties. I’m so happy to see you all thriving. These are perfect.

Daisy April 24, 2016 at 8:40 pm #

La Petite got tattooed a few months ago (she’s 29 now). She wanted Braille, with her blind brother in mind. It was a while before she decided what she wanted the Braille to say. She chose “Balderdash!” – a word that reminds her of her stepgrandfather, who passed away about a year ago. I haven’t had the courage or the desire to get inked – yet – but doing it together would be amazing.