From grumpy to thankful

I’ve had a bit of an outlook shift in the last few weeks. It kind of snuck up on me, and it definitely wasn’t a linear progression, and I’m sure I may yet falter and/or regress. Nonetheless: I am a happier person than I used to be, because I’m tired of being sad.

Does this mean I will no longer regale you with verbose whining about the inconsequential, annoying minutiae in my life? Of course not; hyperbole is never going to cease to entertain me. But in the purest sense of where I’m at? I’m grateful for the good, and better able to see the not-so-good as sucky, sure, but not the be-all and end-all of my existence.

It turns out to be very freeing. So I thought it only fitting to share more about it this week, before I break another bone on preparing Thanksgiving dinner. (Kidding! I hope!) Come on over to Feel More Better to read about the secret I discovered. Spoiler: It’s not really a secret.

8 Responses to “From grumpy to thankful”

CuriousCat November 20, 2012 at 1:01 pm #

You being happier makes me feel happier. Glad, very glad, to hear it.

I’d start singing “Happy days are here again” but I fear it would cause you to backslide (my singing is THAT bad).

Lucinda November 20, 2012 at 5:34 pm #

Hooray for learning lessons, even if the journey there sucks. Happy thanksgiving to my favorite blogger.

Kim November 20, 2012 at 8:05 pm #

Your tone definitely seems lighter these days. Not that you didn’t have plenty going on, but I did notice, and I have been happy for you, and hopeful that this means Chickadee is doing well. You deserve some happy!

Daisy November 20, 2012 at 10:15 pm #

I’m with you. Some days it’s harder to put on the rose-colored glasses, but it’s worth the effort. I am aching right now from yet another test (an EMG – I hope you don’t need one), but I’m feeling good that the stroke-that- wasn’t-a-stroke didn’t do any cognitive damage. The only effects, serious though they are, are physical.

Deep breath: keep calm, and blog on.

Sharon November 21, 2012 at 8:48 am #

Through all the big events of this year I never thought you were whining. Each time you picked yourself off, dusted yourself off, and started all over again. I saw how you were managing to stay afloat. I think your change in perspective is a Thanksgiving bonus:) Have a happy and safe holiday ~

Elizabeth November 21, 2012 at 8:55 am #

You know what? I’m happy you can type again. Happy Thanksgiving!

laura November 22, 2012 at 8:42 am #

I’m not sure when my burdens shifted into the blessings column. But that is where I am today. At some point in time, I hope the same happens for you

Happy Thanksgiving MIr.