The hits keep on comin’

Otto’s car isn’t salvageable, unless you count “costing as much money to fix it as the car is worth” as salvageable, which I do not.

Monkey is on day two of a Mysterious Fever, which today came with a bonus Mysterious Rash.

And yet… my folks have arrived, and my office currently houses Wave Two of the great tampon lemonade project, ready for delivery tomorrow.

Twenty-four more boxes of goodies for the girls. Know what? It’s better than a working car. [Bonus: My dad turned to Monkey this morning and said, "What do you think of all these donations, Monkey?" and even though he was laying on the couch being pitiful he said, "My mom collects tampons and IT'S CREEPY." So fever or no, he seems fine. Heh.]

20 Responses to “The hits keep on comin’”

deva August 3, 2012 at 12:43 pm #

that right there is a lot of tampon lemonade.

laura August 3, 2012 at 12:47 pm #

Once again, Monkey is awesome. AND everyone else involved in the tampon brigade.
    LET THERE BE TAMPONS FOR ALL!

amy August 3, 2012 at 12:50 pm #

That’s AWESOME! :P

Scottsdale Girl August 3, 2012 at 12:52 pm #

LOL! Creepy. What’s the old saying? “Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives?” Heh.

Suzy August 3, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

Amazing. I hope people keep it going, maybe in their own communities – I am sure there are hospitals or women’s shelters everywhere that could use tampons, et all too. In fact I think Tampon Lemonade would be a great name for a non-profit to collect and distribute such supplies.

Nil zed August 3, 2012 at 1:26 pm #

Suzy: it’s a challenge. I posted much the same thing but have done no follow up. I will if you will.

Tracy B August 3, 2012 at 1:27 pm #

So glad your parents are there! And even happier that the Lemonade aid stands still continues. Hope Monkey gets better and Otto finds the perfect vehicle!

Lindy August 3, 2012 at 1:31 pm #

If you’re playing army men you can take the tampons out of their applicator thingies and they make great bombs

victoria August 3, 2012 at 1:36 pm #

A sense of humour is a good sign he’s on the mend ;)

Little Bird August 3, 2012 at 1:55 pm #

If you really want to throw Monkey for a loop, tell him that a mensturation museum exists. A tribute to feminine hygiene.

Laura B August 3, 2012 at 1:59 pm #

Monkey may have Roseola. My girl had it last summer. 5 days of fever and lethargy along with a rash. Then it went away. Good luck!

RuthWells August 3, 2012 at 2:11 pm #

Tomorrow is the 5-week anniversary of onset of Garrick’s come-and-go full-body hives, which I’ve taken to calling Garrick’s Mange. Pediatricians are convinced it’s viral (he did have a cold in…. late June?), but lord, it’s awful. Or amusing. One of those.

karen August 3, 2012 at 3:38 pm #

Just a virtual hug…. And a really good frozen pomegranate marquerita with salt, would that help? :-)

Feel better, Monkey.

addy August 3, 2012 at 5:50 pm #

Is he creeped out by the tampons or the collecting? Hi Dad of wondrous comments. Good luck with the new car shopping. I hate that part.

Jen August 3, 2012 at 5:56 pm #

This story makes me a little teary every time I see the pics of all those boxes. What a good thing everyone is doing here. Also, I don’t know if you have it there but HFMD is rampant here (we are nowhere near you) and it starts with a fever and a rash. Good luck with the car and with Monkey!

Leanner August 3, 2012 at 9:17 pm #

Glad you get to spend some time with your parents. Commence with the Chinese food eating and evenings of games. Hope you enjoy your weekend visit with Chickadee. Your family remains in my prayers.
    And lest he be left out, hope you start feeling better Monkey.😊

Em August 3, 2012 at 10:16 pm #

That Monkey is a hoot! Glad some things are good even if other things aren’t. Still keeping you all in my prayers (forgot to mention Otto’s car which God must have taken as me not caring. Because I have that kind of influence. Don’t mess with me.).

Hoping for more good things and fewer dead cars.

Cele August 3, 2012 at 11:55 pm #

ha hahahahahahah

Susan in SF August 4, 2012 at 10:34 am #

Glad to hear your parents are there. Let them talk care of YOU a bit! Sorry about the car news. :-(. Hope Otto can find a good replacement without too much angst (or $$). Continued good energy being sent to you all!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. I swear I am not making this up | Woulda Coulda Shoulda - August 6, 2012

[...] When last we spoke, my parents had arrived after, and Monkey was on his second day of high but mysterious fever. I [...]