Fancy a spot of tea?

Monkey is back to school again, leaving a trail of sodden, wadded up Kleenex behind him where he goes. (Dear Hippie School: I’m sorry. I’ll send in some hand sanitizer.) Chickadee is also at school—inbetween the doctors’ appointments—though today we have to go see an orthopedist because something is inexplicably wrong with her hip, and also possibly because an orthopedist may be the only specialist we haven’t seen this year yet. (HAHAHAHAHA HA HA haaaaaaa ha *sob*.)

Whether it’s shared germs or stress or the ridiculous level of pollen going on here right now, I’m feeling the strong urge to curl up in bed with some tea for… oh, let’s say a week. Wouldn’t that be nice? Sadly, I don’t think it’s going to happen.

But! I can have that cup of tea. And over at Off Our Chests I’m thinking about the power of an impromptu tea party, especially now when things feel kind of crummy. Feel free to come on over. Just, uh, maybe bring some Kleenex.

14 Responses to “Fancy a spot of tea?”

Bob March 22, 2012 at 9:33 am #

Oolong or Lapsang Souchong? Milk or lemon? sugar?

cucumber and watercress sandwiches for me.

tah, luv.

Little Bird March 22, 2012 at 9:35 am #

I’d like anything that might make this cold feel better.

victoria March 22, 2012 at 10:02 am #

In the past, Europeans used to go to northern areas for their health; if you ever want a change of air, there are 4 feet of snow on the ground in my area which you are welcome to come ‘enjoy.’ (Tour comes with free Lady Gray Tea)

Aimee March 22, 2012 at 10:34 am #

I think there should be a surprise gift once you’ve seen ALL the specialists. What would that gift be? Yes, a week in bed with tea sounds right.

I hope EVERYONE feels better and now I’m off to read what you wrote at OOC.

KarenB March 22, 2012 at 11:21 am #

If you ever get into Atlanta, check out Dr. Bombay’s Underwater Tea Party. They do High Tea every day at 3:00.

dad March 22, 2012 at 1:25 pm #

I think Ira was the one who impressed you with the importance of being fancy (extending the pinky on your cup holding hand) when sipping tea.
    I think I passed it on to your kids.

OK, my legacy is complete.

Zara March 22, 2012 at 5:15 pm #

Mir,
    I’ve reading your blog for years, but I very rarely comment. Have you and your family considered taking Chickadee to the Mayo Clinic? I believe they have comprehensive evaluations, conducted by a medical team, for hard to diagnose and treat individuals; the evaluation generally lasts for a week. I think it may be time to stop approaching this so piecemeal, with different appointments and problems with various professionals communicating with you and between themselves. As one of the very best and comprehensive hospitals, Mayo works very hard to make sure that everyone who needs their services can access (i.e., afford) their services, and they are very good about working with insurance. I hope you and your family consider this suggestion, if you haven’t already. I believe that Mayo in Rochester, MN, would be the best option to solve Chickadee’s mystery illness; I have first hand, extensive knowledge of the depths of their compassion and commitment to excellence. My very best wishes to you, and her.

Daisy March 22, 2012 at 6:56 pm #

If you stop in WIsconsin on your way to Mayo, I’ll bring tea. Or coffee. Or gluten free vegetarian whatever.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down March 22, 2012 at 9:37 pm #

Hope you don’t get what your baby had. But I’m glad he’s doing somewhat better!!

Jenne March 22, 2012 at 9:41 pm #

OK, well, if you stop in Wisconsin on your way to Mayo, you’d better stop in Chicago too! Oooh, road trip! Yay! We can all plan a road trip for Mir, which will take her, Otto & the kids approximately 5 months to make it from Georgia to Minnesota! LOL

katrine March 23, 2012 at 5:58 am #

Tea!!!! it is just so amazingly comforting!!!! My go to FAV of all favs these days is the store Davids tea!! Not only are they so good, they have feel good little stories on the packaging, yay! and they deliver!! :) i fell in love when in canada, check it out http://www.davidstea.com !!

Hope you feel better!!

love K

Little Bird March 23, 2012 at 10:32 am #

I second what Jenne said at #10! You MUST stop in Chicago!!

Yankee Rancher March 23, 2012 at 9:51 pm #

I just posted the most yummy soup recipe that always cures what ever ails me…My kids love it too! FEEL BETTER!!!

Joan March 24, 2012 at 8:08 am #

Maybe it’s random ad placements, but it’s totally ironic that Monkey’s cold is mentioned, and the ads were for Clorox disinfecting wipes. I kinda got a smile about that. oh well, at least pollen season is miserable but not contagious.