1) This morning I went to yoga and then spent several hours making granola with a friend. Call me a hippie but that is a DAMN fine way to spend a Friday, on all fronts.
2) Monkey had a good day at school, and happily informed me that his team did NOT win the Battle of the Books, but they were runners-up and the team who won really deserved it. Yay for good sportsmanship!
3) Chickadee and a friend were picked up from school and deposited at the State Science Fair by Otto, who then texted me: “Nerdlings delivered and safely locked in the nerd pod.” I am never deleting that off of my phone; you cannot read that and not feel cheerful. Well, I can’t, anyway.
4) The rain stopped. Finally.
5) Hey, guess what! It turns out that after all that angst that if you VERY STERNLY tell Licorice to “go to bed,” she’ll go sleep with Chickadee and not come stand on our heads until our alarms go off in the morning. Hooray!!