Warm and fuzzy

It’s kind of hard to type with both a baby and a laptop on your lap, it turns out, but it is awfully warm and cozy. I make my own little travel furnace with my favorite accessories!

No, really.

So far I am torn as to my favorite part of this trip. It’s a very close race between:

1) Sophia has stranger anxiety, and cries whenever someone other than her parents or brothers hold her… except that she also loves me—she never cried for me, not even the first time I picked her up. I feel like a superhero, what with this proof positive of my Baby Whisperer status. (As I said to Kira yesterday, I feel a little bad being so pleased that she clearly loves me best. Heh.)

2) Several times a day, Kira and I will say exactly the same thing at the same time to one of her boys, proving once and for all that we share a communal Mom Mind. My favorite was last night, when one of the boys—who had just been berating one of his brothers for “TMI” suddenly announced, “Hey, I think my boxers are on backwards!” and Kira and I—on opposite sides of the room—both responded in unison, “SPEAKING of TMI….”

7 Responses to “Warm and fuzzy”

Stacey June 17, 2009 at 1:38 pm #

You are so cute! I don’t know how you managed to only have 2 children. I bet you are such a fun mother. Don’t ever doubt your loveable super-mom capabilities again!!!

By the way, I was cracking up about your bug capturing expedition the other day.

Katie in MA June 17, 2009 at 1:41 pm #

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being the person a baby loves best…er, well let me amend that: there is nothing wrong with it as long as you don’t usurp mom and dad’s place in the babylove hierarchy!

Karen June 17, 2009 at 2:57 pm #

1, 2, 3, AWWWWWWWW

Someone had their baby at work the other day, and I worked with him napping on my lap for rather a long time. Awesome, coziness, and so sweet. I’d say enjoy it, but clearly, as the new most bestest loved, you are!

Megan June 17, 2009 at 4:10 pm #

Recently I found myself deeply, truly flattered that a cat deigned to snuggle with me. A. Cat. I’m not even a huge cat person (dogs, silly and superior fanks) but this is a terribly, terribly PICKY cat and therefore it’s a sign of… well, probably me being a sucker when I think about it. Nope, baby preference is definitely a much more impressive thing. Wonder if Sophia senses the Common Mind?

Jen June 17, 2009 at 7:31 pm #

i love friends like that, who can finish your sentences for you, or speak the same words as you in unison! my best friend in florida & i are like that – we MAYBE see each other once a year, but friendships like that last time & distances, when they’re that tight. :) enjoy the rest of your visit!

Aubri June 18, 2009 at 9:32 am #

Don’t you just love the communal mind? :-) Also, I loved your “travel furnace” way cute!

Flea June 18, 2009 at 2:56 pm #

LOL! What fun. So glad you’re with friends and a baby. :)