Love is at its best through the worst

This Love Thursday, I invite you to take a deep breath, hug your children, and then go read about Madeline Spohr. Her life was too short, but her legacy is (already) a swell of love and support that restores my faith in the human race.

My thoughts are with the Spohr family, today.

12 Responses to “Love is at its best through the worst”

Mom24@4evermom April 9, 2009 at 9:01 am #

It’s just unimagineable, isn’t it? So sad.

kath April 9, 2009 at 9:14 am #

I am so very sorry for their loss. Sadness on a Love Thursday reminds us to love, hope and be strong. It also, as I said in my post, invokes gratitude. We must be grateful for what we have right this minute.

elizabeth April 9, 2009 at 9:23 am #

it is a wonderful balance to the negativity that is so often found on the web. my heart goes out to the Spohr family, a terrible time for them.

Kelly April 9, 2009 at 9:55 am #

My heart goes out to them.

Katie in MA April 9, 2009 at 10:09 am #

That is simply unfathomable. Just… Wow. Leaves a mom speechless.

Tracy April 9, 2009 at 11:52 am #

I’m so so sorry for their loss. May God continue to bless them and wrap his arms around their family so they can feel his comfort.

Missy April 9, 2009 at 11:56 am #

My heart is breaking for this family. I will be walking for March for Babies on May 2nd. I will keep them in my thoughts & prayers.

Michelle April 9, 2009 at 1:22 pm #

I read about that yesterday morning and my heart shattered. I just cannot imagine losing a baby like that.

Grannycilla April 9, 2009 at 3:05 pm #

Having just past the one year anniversary of my youngest grandson Caleb’s unexpected death at age 3, I am filled with overwhelming sadness that another family is experiencing the worst thing ever. There are no words strong enought to express both the pain of the loss, and the comfort and love that frienda give at a time like this. The Spohr family will be added to my daily prayer journal for healing.

mama speak April 9, 2009 at 5:31 pm #

I read about this yesterday; Little was having one of her days and it was a good reminder for me that I’d take every day as one of those days rather than go through what they are right now. My prayers are with them.

Andrea April 9, 2009 at 10:46 pm #

Reading about the death of that beautiful, shiny, little girl is just wrenching my heart.

I don’t know whether to go kiss my babies or pray to God to keep them safe tonight but I think I will say a little prayer for Madeline and her family first. We can be patient while He tends to them. Then a tender, teary kiss and a whispered prayer for my own while they sleep.

gudnuff April 10, 2009 at 10:03 pm #

I was not familiar with the Spohr’s prior to yesterday. I can’t seem to find out what happened other than their little almost-2-year-old girl died. Was she sick? Was she murdered? Did she suffer from known condition? How unexpected was it? These questions are on my mind because a little boy died on Thursday (yesterday? seems like two weeks ago already) in our town. He was 9 years old, in the 4th grade. He had a known heart condition. Everything was going as normal, a typical day. He went to my daughter’s school (my daughter is a 3rd grader there). At some point Thursday morning, he fainted/passed out at his desk. The teacher performed CPR, in front of the rest of the class. They called an ambulance. He got to the hospital and died shortly after he arrived there. So, he was fine in the morning, went to school like any other day, was dead by 2pm. What happened to Maddie? Not that it matters, ultimately. But in a way, knowing the circumstances leading up to the death help us put it in broader perspective. Thanks.