The more you know!

As promised earlier, here’s a handy-dandy FAQ I made for you to help in getting through this season of fundraising with good cheer.

Hint: Be nice to the kids who come knocking on your door, even if you’re not buying anything.

Also: Can I interest you in some grapefruit…?

12 Responses to “The more you know!”

Margaret November 5, 2013 at 9:57 pm #

or some Oranges, the older people should stay away from grapefruit, because of how it might throw their meds off.

StephLove November 5, 2013 at 10:02 pm #

This inspired me to ask my middle-schooler if the candy order we just received (the day before Halloween no less) was from his band fundraiser or the general school fundraiser. It’s so hard to keep track. Meanwhile the elementary school student is supposed to be keeping track of all the minutes she reads this month and get people to sponsor her for a read-a-thon, which really means I have to do this. (Personally I prefer the fundraiser that involves me eating a container of Almond Roca.)

Dawn November 5, 2013 at 10:04 pm #

My bandling sold overpriced Yankee Candles. The same week they were BOGO at the local store. You can imagine how well that worked out.

Then the high school band sold mattresses as their fundraiser. Yeah. Piles of them in the high school commons area. Weirdest thing I’ve ever seen.

• 3.1
      Mir November 5, 2013 at 10:10 pm #

Mattresses?????

• Dawn November 5, 2013 at 10:20 pm #

Yeah. I still can’t figure out where that idea came from. I’ll stick with my shiny new Yankee Candle tart warmer, thanks!

• Mir November 5, 2013 at 10:23 pm #

Yeah, I really like grapefruit, and it fits in my car. HA.

• Katherine November 5, 2013 at 10:52 pm #

One of the high schools in our area did a mattress sale, but I think it was just that a certain % of the cost went to the school that week. The students handed out flyers, but did not actually sell or deliver the mattresses.

StephLove November 5, 2013 at 10:04 pm #

Not mention the fundraiser for the 8th grade 5-day trip to NYC next fall, for which the 7th grade is already raising funds…

Jenn November 6, 2013 at 12:14 am #

I’ll buy grapefruit . . .

Can I interest anyone in a raffle ticket for a side of beef? It’s for FFA so I can even introduce you to the beef if you’re interested.

I hate fundraisers.

• 5.1
      Brigitte November 6, 2013 at 6:47 am #

Aw, cute widdle Beef! ;-)

• 5.2
      Jenne November 6, 2013 at 1:55 pm #

That is possibly the best sales pitch for anything ever.

Although, I am not sure I want to meet my beef on the hoof . . .

jennifer November 6, 2013 at 11:56 am #

I’ll buy some grapefruit for the band. It’s the least I can do, since I’ve been reading your blog long enough to feel like I should invest in her fluting. Do they make you deliver it? I’m between you and The Big City, but if you have to deliver that is still a hassle. I was thinking they’d just ship it from the Giant Band Fruit Orchard until I read the mattress comments.

You can email me (or ask your daughter to do so) if any of this makes sense.