You just don’t even wanna know

I told someone yesterday that if our life right now was a novel or a movie, I’d be rolling my eyes at how unrealistic it is, because NO ONE has luck that bad. It’s just not believable.

In other words: How was your weekend? Ours involved The Hunger Games, and then stomach flu. Yes. Because of course it did. And it’s not like the kid hasn’t missed a bazillion days of school already….

Anyway, because I suspect you’d rather not hear stories about rainbow gummy worm puke (see?), today you can go on over to Off Our Chests and read about flying, instead. What greater joy is available to the modern world, except possibly having an unmedicated root canal? Exactly.

10 Responses to “You just don’t even wanna know”

Little Bird March 27, 2012 at 9:15 am #

Oh, Mir!!! I’m so sorry! Give the afflicted kid a gentle squeeze for me!

nicole March 27, 2012 at 10:20 am #

how weird…my weekend ALSO involved Hunger Games followed by stomach flu.

Sleeping Mom March 27, 2012 at 11:31 am #

Sorry to hear that! My toddler had the stomach flu this past holiday season and man it sucked bad. Not only was he feeling terrible, but cleaning up that stuff is not pretty. Hope your family gets over this soon!

Chuck March 27, 2012 at 12:46 pm #

I think I just had that flu myself a couple weeks ago. Not any fun for sure. I was feeling better within a few days though.

TC March 27, 2012 at 1:41 pm #

Everyone’s weekend involved Hunger Games. Attendance was mandatory, wasn’t it? But the flu? SUCKS. So, so, so sorry Mir!

Anna March 27, 2012 at 1:46 pm #

When you post about the emergency trip to the dentist (now that you’ve tempted fate AGAIN!), I promise not to laugh.

Maricris @ SittingAround March 27, 2012 at 9:24 pm #

Oh, I ‘m so sorry to hear that. I hope everyone gets better soon.

Karen March 28, 2012 at 1:56 am #

I’m just catching up here… and after reading the last few posts.. well, I want to send you a few gallons of your favorite ice cream and all the fixens, and a free pass to five days of absolutely NOTHING more than quiet uneventful relaxation.

Mandy March 28, 2012 at 8:27 am #

Hey, MIr,

Remember when the big news around WCS was Chickie’s brave expose of the poorly-made tampon? Well, I saw this on Facebook yesterday (via Thrifty Mama), and immediately thought of you. (I know. You’re welcome.)

Just in case you and Chickie want to snuggle up and laugh (or gag) at gross tampon stories:

Fear not, it does not show images of, ahem, used tampons. But I’d warn against eating before viewing. I kinda threw up in my mouth a little. However, it is the same brand Chickie had problems with (and, alas, my brand).

Hugs!

victoria March 28, 2012 at 8:40 am #

Very sorry for your daughter, hope she can have a SUPER HEALTHY week in the very near future!!!
    And, about the hunger games……was it worth seeing? I ask because I won’t see it until they releas it on DVD in 6 to 8 months as I live 6 hours from the nearest movie theatre.