Like Christmas, with frozen foods

Oh, we have a big day planned, here. We’re going to Trader Joe’s! AND Ikea! The level of happy this gives me is a testament to exactly how boring my life has become. And yet I do not care, because I need a big container for Legos and some frozen salmon filets, man.

Over at Five Full Plates we are wrapping up our 10-week fitness challenge, and this weekend we’re launching our next endeavor: Four weeks to clear our space, clear our minds. That’s the foofy Zen way of saying we plan to clean our houses. Woooooo, exciting! Almost as good as tubs of tiny chocolate chip cookies which I can no longer eat but still regularly dream about.

Almost.

20 Responses to “Like Christmas, with frozen foods”

Nichole March 12, 2010 at 9:12 am #

Ikea and Trader Joe’s!?! What an awesome day!

Jennifer Morgan March 12, 2010 at 9:17 am #

Ha! Did this combo on a date night a couple of weeks ago. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! We topped it off with a dinner at The Melting Pot.

Laura GF March 12, 2010 at 9:20 am #

Oh thank goodness it’s not another weight loss challenge — that was about the most depressing ten weeks ever recorded on the internet! All that shame about your efforts, shame about your body, stories about other people and their efforts to shame you — holy cats. House cleaning has got to be more fun to read about — and that’s saying something, right there.

sassymonkey March 12, 2010 at 9:30 am #

We too may be going to Ikea tonight. The fake husband broke one of our Ikea bowls and we kind of use them all the time. Yes, we are going to Ikea to buy a bowl. And possibly a hotdog.

Rosie March 12, 2010 at 9:48 am #

I had no idea that I’m supposed to store my legos and salmon together. The More You Know… :-)

Mama Bear March 12, 2010 at 10:27 am #

Ikea AND Trader Joe’s. I knew there was a reason I didn’t like you; it’s because I’m a petty, jealous person. Our nearest of either of those places is about 500 miles away.

txelz March 12, 2010 at 11:35 am #

SO JEALOUS. Trader Joe’s is one of my favorite places. I plot how to get to states with TJ’s for “client meetings” so I can stock up. Yummy peanut butter pretzels of yumminess. We can’t try their frozen food since I always have to to take a plane, but how easy would meals be with those items? So easy. Oh, Trader Joe’s, please come to Texas. I will drive to see you, my love….thus endeth my TJ’s soliloquy of love.

Ikea is also on my weekend to do list. Yea for cheap decor! Happy weekend.

MomCat March 12, 2010 at 11:44 am #

I’d much rather read about House Cleaning than do it. Ah, the thrill of the vicarious closet cleaning!

(Laura, I’ve never heard anyone but my family members use the expression, “Holy Cats” before. Yay!)

Lynette March 12, 2010 at 12:15 pm #

I am sad to say I have never been to Trader Joes or Ikea. I really must get out more.

Lucinda March 12, 2010 at 1:19 pm #

A cleaning challenge I could join you on. Way more fun than a weight loss challenge. You did inspire me to start working out. Sadly I only lasted 3 weeks. lol Have fun at Ikea!

Megs March 12, 2010 at 4:16 pm #

I LOVE Ikea AND Trader Joe’s. I don’t know if I would be able to handle the excitement of both of those in the same day…I usually need a nap after Ikea because it is SO big and it takes SO long to get through. But you can definitely pick up some organizational tools to help you on your clean house challenge!

jess March 12, 2010 at 5:29 pm #

I’m going to Ikea tomorrow! (I suppose we could go to TJ’s, but it’s waaay out of our way, and then we’d have no excuse to not stop at my in-law’s house and…yeah. We’ll just go to Ikea, I think. Dealing with getting around the Mall of America area on a Saturday is bad enough, right? Day trip to the winter rescue!)

Tricia March 12, 2010 at 8:54 pm #

I have to say, I’m really jealous of you right now. And not because of the whole cleaning challenge thing. But because you get to go to IKEA and Trader Joe’s. Wow, this comment is really original. Glad I wrote it. Anywho, you better get something amazing at IKEA and then show it to all of us. Otherwise, it’s really just a waste to us :) Just kidding. Have fun!

Mary @ Holy Mackerel March 12, 2010 at 10:25 pm #

Wow, even just going to EITHER ONE would rank pretty high up in my books!!

mom, again March 13, 2010 at 1:13 am #

the BEST thing about living in Southern California is that I have choices on which TJ’s to shop at. The tiny one near campus, (full of ready to heat & eat, or not heat, just eat), the one in the fancy beach town (huger wine selection, plus more fruit & veg & meat, plus I can pretend I’m one of those rich beach people), the one at the eastern edge of my town (my favorite before the beach one opened) or one of the other half a dozen that I can manage to arrange my errands to be near. Each one manages to carry some item that none of the others do so, obv I have to check them each out regularly.

Usually I shop only the one Ikea though. Except the one time I realized the serving set for the flatware I’d been slowly collecting had been discontinued. I spent an entire day, driving around Los angeles, managing to get to 3 up there, & my local, but started too late to get to san diego to. But, I got to visit 2 stores I’d never seen!

Someday, I’ll go to San Diego. I’m visiting south of San Francisco this week, wonder how close an Ikea is?

It’s an addiction, really.

(If anyone has the serving pieces for the Dragon flatware they don’t want, let me know…)

Karen March 13, 2010 at 6:50 am #

Stay away from the cheap meatballs :-)

How I LOVE Trader Joes..and Whole foods especially, do you have any near you? Oh, or how about Wild Oats? I have to drive 45 minutes to get to any of them though. *sigh*

mamaspeak March 13, 2010 at 7:02 pm #

Mom Again–You’re going to be very near an Ikea. There’s one in East Palo Alto. Take 380 to 280 South to Palo Alto. You can see it from the freeway.

Sharon March 14, 2010 at 1:26 pm #

I am extremely jealous that you have both of those stores so close that you can get there and back, AND SHOP, in the course of a day.

margie March 15, 2010 at 8:25 am #

two good things, simplify and exercise. we haven’t take a trip to ikea in a while and it is just around the corner!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks