GAH

My cable and internet went out yesterday around lunch and just came back on, the children rewarded me for taking them ice skating with 103 degree fever (Monkey) and a whole bucket o’ attitude (Chickadee), after a couple of days of improvement it appears that whatever infection lurks in my hapless boob is raging again (as if it’s not bad enough to be a “hapless” boob in the first place) and I couldn’t miss church today because I had to sing a solo and I feared the choir director would skin me and eat my liver if I didn’t show up, but six phone calls later my only option was to yank my ex out of a tournament to come sit with Feverboy while I went and sang my solo (badly and under the influence of lots of advil), plus there is no food in the house and it’s not like I can get to the store.

*gasping for breath*

And how’s YOUR Sunday going?

10 Responses to “GAH”

Kris January 22, 2006 at 1:10 pm #

We went to church. Lightning didn’t strike me. I’m considering myself lucky today.

daysgoby January 22, 2006 at 1:52 pm #

I’m doing the ‘avoid the legos/little people/blocks/ duplex/thing-a-ma-jigs/pieces parts’ merry little dance of joy, thanks.

Too cold and windy to throw them outside, and the natives are restless.

DebR January 22, 2006 at 1:53 pm #

“And how’s YOUR Sunday going?”

Apparantly a heck of a lot better than yours. Dang, Mir! Hope your Monday is much, MUCH better than your weekend has been!!

Holley January 22, 2006 at 2:20 pm #

Well, I’m feeling better about my Sunday, which I’m sure helps you.

Katie January 22, 2006 at 3:30 pm #

I sat for 10 minutes parked on a steep incline in my husband’s Jeep because I couldn’t figure out how to release the parking brake. Other than that, not bad.

Hope your boob and Monkey feel better soon!

buffi January 22, 2006 at 5:19 pm #

Must be in the air, because Bear is running a fever today as well. No church for the two of us (I didn’t have a solo!) Oh, and Chickadee must have ladled some of that attitude into SugarPlum’s bucket, because I’ve been ready to smack that child all day. Or maybe it was the other way around, and if so, I am so very very sorry. If you have had the same backtalk and eye-roll fun that I have, I apologize from the depths of my heart.

Heather January 22, 2006 at 5:29 pm #

I too had to sing a solo today, as well as playing the piano, but I didn’t even know about the former until I got there this morning. Good times, good times.

KimberlyDi January 23, 2006 at 12:12 pm #

We almost burnt our house down because I insist on having a heat lamp in the dog’s doghouse but it fell off (damn cats) into a pile of wooden mulch which thankfully received 1 inch of rain that day. We returned home just as the quickly drying smoldering embers were turning into infant flames that turned the lower side of our house a lovely brown. In the dark, picking up the heat lamp (electric) in one hand while holding the water hose in another, I flooded the side of the house for 30 minutes. An icy drop of water hit the heat lamp bulb which instantly burst into a jillion pieces which suddenly reminded me that I was holding onto something electrical and something watery at the same time. Husband reluctantly unplugged the heat lamp (this surely would have qualified as “accidental death” and would have doubled the life insurance policy).

We had a fun weekend too.

Chewie January 23, 2006 at 1:49 pm #

What? After that last post you took them ICE SKATING?

Shiz January 23, 2006 at 7:55 pm #

Next time? Let him TRY to skin you. Stay home. I believe in nudges, too. Including (and especially) the ones that say “Stay in bed.” Not to guilt you, darling, but please give yourself permission to let other people down once in a while, no matter what their response might be.